The CASE Strategic Plan was renewed under the direction of the Board of Trustees and through the collaborative work of the CASE administration and member district Directors. This plan extends the prior work and sets goals that deepen the learning culture of the Cooperative on behalf of all students. The CASE Strategic Plan will propel the Cooperative with a future focus for a collaborative learning organization.
The Cooperative Association for Special Education (CASE) is a 21st century organization that collaborates to provide special education services and support for students in our DuPage member districts 15, 16, 41, 44, 87, 89, and 93.
- Advocates and advances the idea that all students are general education students first and have access to and instruction in the general education setting to their fullest extent.
- Supports the integration of high quality services to promote student growth.
- Embraces agility and adaptability to meet the evolving needs of our member districts.
- Aspires to be a leader in the state by fostering and recognizing innovation and expertise through high quality support and collaboration within and among the CASE districts.
GOALS AND STRATEGIES
All professional development initiatives sponsored or facilitated by CASE will be based on a model that is research supported, promotes the vision of CASE and strategically aligns to the organizational needs and goals of our member districts in order to build capacity of individuals and organizations to improve outcomes for all children.
- Be responsive and flexible to the ongoing professional development needs of member districts.
- Implement research-based models for professional learning.
- Develop an evaluation design for professional learning.
- Design and implement a shared decision-making model for determining the professional development priorities and adequate resources for providing professional development and support for member districts.
CASE will secure and maintain high-quality human, social and fiscal resources and be a steward of those resources, ensuring they are strategically aligned with the vision of CASE as well as the organizational needs and goals of member districts.
- Recruit, retain and develop motivated, knowledgeable and skilled professionals who uphold high expectations for all students and have a passion for student-centered learning.
- Seek and support collaborative relationships among a broad array of stakeholders that include professional staff, students, parents and community members.
- Create and implement financial planning and decision-making models that are transparent, collaborative and fiscally responsible.
CASE and its member districts are committed to establishing and maintaining an authentic and multi-layered system of communication with all stakeholders for the purpose of fostering collaborative opportunities.
- Utilize proactive systems that promote and facilitate transparency and foster interaction that aligns with the mission and values of CASE
- Follow norms for communication. with all stakeholders.