Upcoming Professional Development
Materials and Resources from Past Presentations
Unless otherwise specified, all documents are in PDF format.
November Professional Development
11/13/2017: Vision Rehabilitation Therapy for Teachers of the Vision Impaired: What Can You Do? presented by Polly Abbott, CVRT: Presentation Slides
11/09/2017: OT and PT Ethics Training presented by Beth Obremski and Jane Ruge
October Professional Development
10/24/2017: How Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) Impact Your Students and Steps to Build Resiliency presented by Tom Bradach and Juanona Brewster: Presentation Slides
Fall Institute Date, October 10, 2017
Mental Health Concerns and Strategies in Children and Adolescents presented by Jacki Rhew, MA, CADC, LCPC and Dr. Michael Feld, MD Psychiatry
- Intervention Strategies to Engage Students and Parents Struggling with School Anxiety School Refusal (Presentation Slides)
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Concerns in Children and Adolescents (Presentation Slides)
- School Transition Planning (Presentation Slides)
- Emotional Development Scale
- Strategies for School Personnel: Children and Adolescents with School Anxiety and Avoidance Behavior
- Strategies for Parents: Children and Adolescents with School Anxiety and Avoidance Behavior
IEP Goal Writing: Moving from Good to Great presented by Cynthia Baasten, LLC
County Wide Institute Day, March 3, 2017
Leading Responsive Classrooms Through Differentiation presented by Carol Ann Tomlinson, Ed. D.
Tips and Techniques for Successful Articulation Remediation presented by Char Boshart, M.A., CCC-SLP
Supporting Transgender Students, Common Medications Prescribed to Students, School Refusal Behaviors, and Health Risk Behaviors Among Gender Expansive Youth presented by Dr. Eric Nolan, M.D.
Working with Trans and Gender Expansive Youth presented by Angella McDonald, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
Activity-Focussed Motor Interventions With Children in Preschool and School-Based Settings presented by CASE Physical Therapists: Beka Grimm, Diane Colley, Jennifer Dunham, Jane Ruge, and Julie Segatti: References and Resources.
Evidence Based Practices in School Occupational Therapy presented by CASE Occupational Therapists:
- Kerry Fallon: Neurochemicals and Sensory Processing
- Caron Jones: AT Options for School-Based OT
- Karen Szatalowicz: DeCoste Writing Protocol Presentation Handout
- Executive Function resources, presented by Gail Feltault, Suzanne Hodgkins, Cindy Tomasello
- Executive Function: A New Understanding – Improving Self Regulation and Task Completion
- Executive Functioning: From Intention to Initiation to Action to Completion (Presentation Slides)
- Executive Functioning: From Intention to Initiation to Action to Completion (Overview)
- Components of Executive Functioning (Graphic)
- Get Ready – Do – Done (Template)
- Recommended Reading on Executive Function Skills and Related Disorders
- Speed of Information Processing
- STOP (Printable Signs)
- Paula Costello:
- Erin Molloy: Resources from Gwen Wild of Sensational Brain, LLC
- Beth Obremski:
- Debra Wallenberg:
Differentiation in Physical Education presented by Tara McCarthy, M.S. Ed.; Adapted Physical Education
February Professional Development
December Professional Development
12/7/2016: Executive Functioning Skills presented by Sarah Ward, M.S., CCC/SLP: printable handout.
Fall Institute Day, October 11, 2016
The Neuropsychology of Emotional Disorders: Strategies to Navigate the Anxieties, Moods, and Emotions of Young People presented by Dr. Steven Feifer
Bilingual Therapy for Children with Cochlear Implants (PPTX) (210MB) presented by Michael Douglas, CCC-SLP, LSLS, Certified AVT. Book, Dual-Language Learning forChildren with Hearing Loss, available from MED-EL USA.